Many of them may have tried to download and install the wp8 apps and games from windows phone store from SD card and failed because of confusion. Windows phone 8 has ability to install from the SD card. Most of the windows phone 8 users may not aware of this feature. This feature gives hands on when you reset your phone.
SD cards in windows phone 8 devices are removable and usable, unlike windows phone 7 no reset is required. Many of them may raised a question that apps and games cannot install in SD card but can it be installed from SD card. Let us see how to..
How to Install windows phone apps from the SD card
- Open windowsphone.com on your web browser.
- Open the required app page.
- Scroll down the webpage and find Download and install manually on left side of the page.
- Now download the app or game in .xap file on your PC.
- Copy the downloaded .xap file to the memory card.
To install the app and game from your phone’s SD card.
- Insert your SD card (memory card) to your WP8 device that contain downloaded .xap file.
- Wait for a few minutes. let your phone scans the files in the memory card.
- Tap Start on your device, then hit Store, now tap SD card.
- Select the apps or game downloaded as .xap and then hit Install.
- Installed Apps appears in the App list and games listed in the Game Hub.
- Download compatible app for your device.
- This feature works for free and trail version apps.
- If your device does not show the downloaded .xap file, restart your phone.
Enjoy! Valga Valamudan